2/03/2012

Style Inspiration : Olivia Palermo


Olivia Palermo was recently interviewed by ELLEuk where she shared her favourite labels and how she plans her outfits.  


How would you describe your style?
My style is true to who I am, it’s how I feel, it’s everything.
What is there too much of in your wardrobe? 
I love a great accessory.  I have enjoyed building my vintage jewellery collection over the years.
What are your go-to labels?
For a great jean I love Paige, for sweaters I fancy Agnona, Mulberry is great for bags or a great heel, and Smythson keeps me completely organised when it comes to iPad cases and folders for everyday.
What's the most treasured possession in your wardrobe? 
I love it all, really. But I appreciate a great cocktail ring.
Do you plan your outfits or throw on whatever's to hand?
I always have a picture in mind when getting ready so it doesn't take much time choosing an outfit. 
What are you happiest wearing? 
I'm happy in whatever I wear, I enjoy dressing. My most worn outfit in my closet would most likely be my leather pants, my fringe boots and a big cashmere sweater from Brunello Cucinelli.
Whose wardrobe would you love to steal? 
I would love to go though the archives from the movie sets during the 1940s and '50s.
 How do you organise your wardrobe? 
 I'm an organised person, so I have a structure that works for me. The Elfa storage system is great.
 Where do you look for inspiration if you don't know what to wear?
A chic all black look with a great statement piece of jewellery and a coloured shoe or bag never fails. 
 Have you ever had a stylist and, if so, what are the best tips they've ever given you?
 I'm my own stylist. Working for magazines you learn great little tips from being on shoots, I try and share them on oliviapalermo.com for my readers to enjoy.
 If there is one label we should watch out for in 2012, what should it be?
 Recently I came across a brand call Nonoo. Misha Nonoo has a great young NY based brand; I’m looking forward on seeing more from her collections this year.


Source & Photos: elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment